- This event has passed.
Sun. 01/17/21 Outdoors Parish Hospitality and Fundraiser Event at Mater Dei
January 17 @ 1:30 pm - 5:00 pmFree
IF YOU CANNOT make this event:
- 1. Check the 'we will not attend this event' box immediately below
- 2. Fill in your family name in the provided text field, then
- 3 Hit 'Submit'
- 1. Scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the number of persons who will be attending in the 'tickets' field, and hit 'Add to cart'
- 2. You will be directed to a page to 'purchase tickets'. On that 'purchase tickets' page, make sure the 'quantity' is right and click 'Proceed to Checkout'. If more than 3 people will attend, enter 3 and let me know via email or text how many will actually be attending. This is because of the 3 people fee cap. Anyone beyond 3 attends for free and the system cannot process that
- 3. Complete the required fields and then add the names of those attending (both you and your boys) in the 'Order Notes (optional)' field
- 4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit 'Place order' button
- NOTE: If the event if free, follow the exact same steps and hit 'Place order'. You will not be charged but this will generate a message to us
First Event: Sunday, 1/17. Brisket Wrap Sales
We will be selling premade brisket wraps with grilled peppers and onions tomorrow. The brisket was cooked by the Knights of Columbus and I will be reheating it Sunday morning. I presume that we will have about 100 wraps to sell, based on the fact that we have two whole briskets to slice and prepare. We will sell them for 2/$5. I have all the necessary items, but need help. This is a fund raiser for the troop.
What I need from you: Bring you and your son(s) in the best uniforms you have and arrive around 1:30 so we can set things up and work out a schedule. We will be serving for likely about an hour. Cleanup will be virtually unnecessary. All food will be pre-wrapped and heated, with minimal condiments (sliced jalapeno peppers, various sauces) and all we need to do is pretty much to exchange the food for cash.
Second Event: Sunday 1/17. Flag Ceremony Training. Mr. William Safford, member of St. Basil the Great, and also a Marine Cadet drill instructor for 30 years has graciously agreed to hold a flag ceremony training specifically for our troop. It will start at 3:30 at Mater Dei and last about an hour and a half. Should be excellent training. We will be done in time to attend 5:30 pm Mass if you like.
What is the cost for Events 1 and 2?: Nothing,
What do you need to bring? Class A uniform, or as close to it as you can get.
Do you need to sign up?: Yes. Sign up available above.