- This event has passed.
Sat. 06/08/19 Day Event – Benedictine Monastery of Thien Tam Blessed Sacrament Days
June 8, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
Free event but RSVP requested.
IF YOU CANNOT make this event:
- 1. Check the 'we will not attend this event' box immediately below
- 2. Fill in your family name in the provided text field, then
- 3 Hit 'Submit'
- 1. Scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the number of persons who will be attending in the 'tickets' field, and hit 'Add to cart'
- 2. You will be directed to a page to 'purchase tickets'. On that 'purchase tickets' page, make sure the 'quantity' is right and click 'Proceed to Checkout'. If more than 3 people will attend, enter 3 and let me know via email or text how many will actually be attending. This is because of the 3 people fee cap. Anyone beyond 3 attends for free and the system cannot process that
- 3. Complete the required fields and then add the names of those attending (both you and your boys) in the 'Order Notes (optional)' field
- 4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit 'Place order' button
- NOTE: If the event if free, follow the exact same steps and hit 'Place order'. You will not be charged but this will generate a message to us
Each June for the last several years, Troop 1, along with others, have spent a Saturday in June helping to make the Blessed Sacrament Days hosted by the Benedictine Monastery of Thien Tam a great success for the literally thousands of visitors they typically have by busing tables and cleaning restrooms, and in return, the TSG gets some really excellent exposure to thousands of Catholics from all over, and we the volunteers get to not only enjoy the Monastery and especially the Eucharistic Miracle chapel, but we also get to enjoy some of the best site made Vietnamese food you can imagine. Make no mistake about it, this is a work day, but it is a very good and rewarding workday. This year, the Blessed Sacrament Days run June 6-9, and so like other years we are volunteering.
So, I invite you to participate. There is no cost, just get yourself in Class A’s to the site (here is the location: https://goo.gl/maps/WFq3PuUxznLHZzao6) and plan on staying from 9:30 am to 4 pm on Saturday the 8th of June or for as much of it as you can. Those of you who have stayed later in the evening on that Saturday have been able to experience the awesome procession in the evening. Quite the thing to participate in.
Because Fr. Dominic at the monastery would like to get a rough idea of the number of TSG helpers within the next week, please RSVP let me know if you and your boy(s) are planning on attending this year as soon as you can, but no later than next Tuesday evening, May 28th, and sooner if you can.
Thank you. God bless.