Your yearly patriotic TSG1 event!
Free event. No registration required.
Freshly pressed Class A uniforms; mandatory for the Flags Retirement Ceremony.
0800 – 1700
Please make every possible effort to be there for at least the Flag Retirement Ceremony so we have a large enough Honor Guard to properly honor our veterans and our flag. Ceremony at 1430, be there at 1400 for practice.
We will be needed for several things:
- I will bring a Bell 47 helicopter for display at 0730 and will depart at 1700. We will have to take turns guarding it the whole time. We will be selling raffle tickets for a ride on it from the Cavanaugh Flight Museum.
- During the event, take turns manning a paintball tent. Setup and supplies provided by the event organizers.
- Prepare flags to be disposed during the Flag Retirement Ceremony
- Run the Flags Retirement Ceremony (part of the “patriotism” AC)
- Throughout the day, help with the sorting of items and the care packages preparation (part of the “patriotism” AC)
- Meet and greet veterans and active duty military members, and invite them to participate in the ceremony
- Help with the clean-up
- Anything else we might be needed for “on the spot”