- This event has passed.
04/26/19 to 04/28/19 – Camp: Flying…
April 26, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - April 28, 2019 @ 10:00 am$15
IF YOU CANNOT make this event:
- 1. Check the 'we will not attend this event' box immediately below
- 2. Fill in your family name in the provided text field, then
- 3 Hit 'Submit'
- 1. Scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the number of persons who will be attending in the 'tickets' field, and hit 'Add to cart'
- 2. You will be directed to a page to 'purchase tickets'. On that 'purchase tickets' page, make sure the 'quantity' is right and click 'Proceed to Checkout'. If more than 3 people will attend, enter 3 and let me know via email or text how many will actually be attending. This is because of the 3 people fee cap. Anyone beyond 3 attends for free and the system cannot process that
- 3. Complete the required fields and then add the names of those attending (both you and your boys) in the 'Order Notes (optional)' field
- 4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit 'Place order' button
- NOTE: If the event if free, follow the exact same steps and hit 'Place order'. You will not be charged but this will generate a message to us
What: Our monthly campout.
Location: Will be about an hour NW of Mater Dei, just northeast of Slidell, TX on private property. Here’s how to get there from Mater Dei: https://goo.gl/maps/KZ8HdEJ7W2A2
|During this camp we will take turns in airplane flights, reconnoitering the area around Akroville, Airport, a private airstrip owned by Tony and Julia Woods. Not only will we individually fly, but we will also lash together a working trebuchet or two and see if we can get other objects flying as well. We will be camping on the Woods private property near the airstrip. We will have 2 aircraft, a 2-seater Piper Cub and a 4-seater T41, one piloted by Capt Eric Gruchet, the other by our host, Mr Tony Woods. We will also be making and flying kites Saturday afternoon. We will make (for you to keep) sled, or diamond, or delta or maybe a conyne or tetrahedral kite if the wind is sufficient.|
|Note 1||We will not have Mass this camp, so plan your sacraments accordingly.|
|Note 2||Camp costs are ordinary, but we will also be taking up a voluntary cash donation during the event of $5/ flying person to defray the cost of aircraft fuel.|
|Note 3||We will make kites from white (or yellow or blue) trash bags so bring colored markers if you want to decorate your trash bag kite.|
|We will make kites from dowels, trash bags, and packaging tape. Bring your own (strong) string, and 2″ wide packaging tape and we’ll supply the rest.
Here is a site that gives and idea about this activity: https://www.my-best-kite.com/how-to-make-a-kite.html
Registration required? Yes, ordinary camp fees apply: $15/person, max of 3 persons/household. Registration opens Monday 4/15 and closes one week later on Monday night 4/22/19
A draft agenda for the camp is attached. I will update it and send a final version to each of you the week of the event.
Thank you. God bless.