Our camp HQ needs a little bit of TLC. It is of course a free event. We would like to start as early as possible to beat the heat of the day. We will take breaks to enjoy our Human Foosball. If you couldn’t make last camp, come to try it out. It is a blast!
Let’s be there at 0830, please.
Work day at HQ will consist of the following:
- Taking down the “widow maker” dead tree looming over our kitchen area
- Clearing the entrance into the field, which vegetation is overtaking
- Spraying multiple areas for poison ivy
- Spraying a couple of area for fire ants
- Possibly clearing a path from the pipeline clearing to the pond (the dam has been cleared of all vegetation by the city). This would be a service to both the owner and us.
This might only take a few hours with a bunch of people, or most of the day if we have few members. Please consider helping. This is OUR campsite, and we all benefit from it, so all should help maintaining it if able. The cadets should be made to understand this and encouraged to participate.
What you would need to bring:
- Pole saw
- Your own lunch(es)
- Your own water
- Work gloves
Please RSVP so I know how many we can count on. Also, please let me know what tool(s) you will bring.
The landowner is OK with people camping that weekend, but it will NOT be a TSG1-sponsored event. Those itching to camp simply have access to the property. If you intend to do so, please let me know so I can let the landowner know.