This event has passed.
03/23/18 to 03/25/18: Families Fishing Camp at the Benedictine Monastery of Thien Tam
March 23, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - March 25, 2018 @ 10:00 pm| $15
See the following description of the monastery and the location of our campsite:
Fees back to the normal $15 with fees capping at 3 campers. Register and include a note letting me know how many will actually camp.
The main activity will be fishing on the Richland Chambers Reservoir, a few minutes drive away. Moms with little ones who might not want to fish can stay at the monastery, go for walks, or still bring bicycles and go biking on the grounds or on the nearby country roads.
FISHING LICENSE REQUIRED FOR ANYONE 17 YEARS OLD AND ABOVE
Benefits of Thien Tam:
- The monks have two guests houses with 4 rooms in each house and 2 beds in each house. They are available this weekend. We just need to let them know how many are needed. There is no cost, but I am sure donations will be appreciated.
- Running water
- Basketball court
- Playground for the little ones
- Plenty of play area
- Chapel for Mass if the weather turned or if too windy for outdoor Mass
- Beautiful grounds for walks, meditation, reflection, with a chapel and a wing dedicated to Eucharistic Miracles
- The wonderful hospitality of the monks who have hosted us before
What we need from you:
- Please let me know ASAP if you need to reserve guest room as the monks will need to get it ready
- Bring fishing gear
- We will have a shield reception ceremony. I hope many have been working with their cadet(s) on this. Please make sure they are caught up on their requirements, that their shield has the velcro backing and that the shirt does as well. Review the ceremony (https://www.tsg1.org/cadets-badge-ceremony/), and let me know ASAP if you need a specific shield. It would be a great time to do it with the families present. Please let me know which cadet will receive his shield so I can be ready.
- Skits. Each family or cadets of the family should have a short reading, recitation, poem, clever joke or skit for the Saturday campfire. Unless a father is supervising it, cadets will have to have their jokes/skits pre-approved by their respective lieutenants.
Let’s pray to St. Medard for good weather!