- This event has passed.
04/25/20 Day Event – Fishing with “Mr. Crappie”
April 25, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
IF YOU CANNOT make this event:
- 1. Check the 'we will not attend this event' box immediately below
- 2. Fill in your family name in the provided text field, then
- 3 Hit 'Submit'
- 1. Scroll to the bottom of the page and enter the number of persons who will be attending in the 'tickets' field, and hit 'Add to cart'
- 2. You will be directed to a page to 'purchase tickets'. On that 'purchase tickets' page, make sure the 'quantity' is right and click 'Proceed to Checkout'. If more than 3 people will attend, enter 3 and let me know via email or text how many will actually be attending. This is because of the 3 people fee cap. Anyone beyond 3 attends for free and the system cannot process that
- 3. Complete the required fields and then add the names of those attending (both you and your boys) in the 'Order Notes (optional)' field
- 4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit 'Place order' button
- NOTE: If the event if free, follow the exact same steps and hit 'Place order'. You will not be charged but this will generate a message to us
Day activity. Free event.
Unfortunately, both our Machanicamp and Thien Tam Family camps have been cancelled for fairly obvious reasons. Nonetheless, our boys (and dads) are certainly starting to feel the effects of cabin fever. See below for our alternate, awesome plan!
Chris, the HQ landowner is giving us access to his pond anytime until normalcy resumes. This is a great way to safely get some fresh air. A semi-pro angler who fishes his pond caught 30 fish just a couple of weeks ago and said that he hadn’t seen that kind of fishing since the 80’s!
When going on your own, use either the regular gate or the one by the water tower. The code to the gate lock is St. George’s feast day, April 23, or 0423. Please make sure to lock it behind you, linking it to another lock. Other people have their own locks, and interlocking them gives us all access.
Random people seem to use his pond occasionally. If you see anyone else there, please notify Eric Gruchet at 214-213-0216 and he will pass it on to Chris who will decide if he wants to check it out or not. Some have his permission, some do not.
ALTERNATE, AWESOME PLAN FOR SAT. 04/25/20:
We will have none other than Wally Marshall, “Mr. Crappy” come give everyone a lesson and fish with us!!! He’s super nice guy who lives 3 miles from HQ. He said he will have goodie-bags for everyone, t-shirts and what-nots. He is very excited to be able to be doing this and was the one thanking us profusely!
For those of you who do not know who “Mr. Crappie” is, click on the links below. If you have ever bought any fishing gear anywhere, you have seen his name. We will have our very own superstar of fishing!
Please plan on arriving to be set up by the pond at 0900 for a very educative and fun day of fishing!
We WILL be observing proper social distancing for this event, so there should be no fears with compliance with suggested health directives. Further, we will not be sharing ANY supplies for safety reasons. Let’s be responsible in the way we “gather”. The troop will not provide anything except the opportunity to get to the outdoors. Bring your own drinks, lunches, sunblock, spare rods, and whatever supplies you may need.
Plan on entering through the water tanks gate on the southeast corner, south from the regular gate. Park inside the gate and walk from there, or further down the path if you have the right vehicle to do so and the ground is dry enough. Plenty of parking areas closer to the pond.
Mr. Crappie needs to know how many people will attend so he can bring enough “goodies and t-shirts”. Trust me, kids will get a kick about wearing a “Mr. Crappy” t-shirt…
Please register asap.
Let’s get out, get some fresh air, learn, and have good fun fishing!